I like the Treo. I like it a lot, but there are things that need to change before I buy one. I understand that some of these things are seen as not possible. However, looking back at the Motorola StarTac and the Razor, it seems like things were quite “POSSIBLE”, it just takes an innovative engineering team to do it.
1. Loose the Stub!: That little antenna takes up a whole lot more room in a pocket. Not only does it look horrible, it can jab you in the goods. No matter how cool a phone is, I will always choose “My Goods” over it.
Now nerds settle down! I know you can use the holster but holsters are for married people who don’t care about fashion any more and you guys (Nerds, dorks and dweebs). On a side note, if you have EVER had more than one phone on your belt you are a nerd. It’s best you just accept this and move one.
2. Huge Phone, Crappy Camera (No Flash): Yes, I do realize that a real flash would kill a cell phone but I don’t care. I want it! Also I want a decent camera (2.0 megapixel is fine) that I don’t have to hold completely still. It should take a fine picture while the subject or the phone is moving. Optical zoom is probably out of the question but would be nice. (Maybe 5 years down the road with liquid lenses)
3. Give me a WiFive!: For some reason, Verizon service despises my apartment. If I could connect via the same service over my home wifi I would be SO happy! Also using wifi should not interfere with making voice calls or kill my battery in 30 minutes of use.
4. Lose some weight: Dude, Treo… I love you but you’re FAT! I understand you’re wide but you need to trim yourself down. Now I’m not asking you to be as skinny as iPod, but trim it back! Treo, stop crying… at least I didn’t ask you to get fake boobs!
5. Keyboard crazy: This is the smallest problem. Users with sausage fingers don’t like the Treo. Take a look at Motorola’s Q and get back to me.
So Treo (Palm), look at list, add them and I’m yours!